Thursday, April 8, 2010

Poetry Out Loud

She Walks in Beauty by Lord Bryon (George Gordon)

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o’er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.
And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Response: I like this poem a lot. It does a really good job of putting a picture of the girl in your head. I also like the way it sounds when I read it in my head. It flows really nice, and you can also tell how much the poet likes this girl and thinks that she is beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Not a fan of the poem. It's like every cliche about love combined into one poem. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree kristen (aka white album), this poem is magical, like when " tim" on american idol " smiles" lol jk, but realy i loved the imagery in this poem as well, it has a great town and flow, and its so deep rich and like i dont know, it remids be of the color midnight bue, and a balcony, and a girl..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay. I think I can be somewhat mean since you didn't write it. Haha. Okay, so it's obviously good, but I feel like I've read it before. It doesn't have an intersting enough topic, and the writing isn't very original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the poem I thought it was good, and I also thought it had a real nice flow to it. I did love the imagery the poet used and thought it was very well put. I guess it is a bit predictable, but I thought the way he wrote it was unique.

    ReplyDelete